Thursday, February 18, 2010

I've been a little unfaithful...

Just a little.  I've fallen in love with another country.  As I am sure you can tell from this blog, I love China.  But we just spent 10 days in a special administrative region.... former British colony.....another part of China...or as  most English speaking people call it- Hong Kong.  Or Xiang1Gang3.
Why do I love Xiang1Gang3?  Let me count the ways.

The ocean and bays-for this California girl, seeing water is wonderful!


The tall buildings and sky line -magnificent!



The fascinating streets.  Lots of contrasting old and new.



Moveable elevated sidewalks!  How fun was that!




The fresh fruit and fish for sale.




Double-decker buses and trams.




Victoria Peak...although next time we'll choose a day with better weather.



The rules..how I loved the rules.  So polite, so gentle, so strong.
Preach it, Hong Kong!



This says "Mind the Gap" as you get off the subway.

So now we are back in China.  We had a good first day back, meeting with language tutors and a huge dinner with friends.  We are glad to be back.
But Hong Kong...we'll be back to see you again someday!





1 comment:

Alida Sharp said...

ooh! I think I want to go to Hong Kong!!