Friday, April 27, 2012

The Markets in Korea

I love the outdoor markets of Asia!  These are some pictures from a few we walked through.


Dried fish.


Buy the Way.  We saw several of these so it must be a chain of some sort.  I don't know if it was a play on words or a misunderstanding of English.  Either way, pretty clever.


Pepper!  Whole and ground.  Look at the bags in the back!


Rubber bands of every size possible.  I am dying to know who shops here.


Yarn....glorious yarn!


Next to the yarns, umbrellas.


More yarn...there were Addi turbo needles around the corner for really reasonable prices.


Baking supplies.  We bought pretty muffin/cupcake liners.


More baking supplies- sprinkles and such.


More dried sea .....stuff.


Even more dried sea creatures.


Fish and sea creatures.


Tentacles.

I've got one more Korea post in me of some of the beautiful things we saw there and an amazing Good Friday we went to.  Then back to the usual amazing girl, cute baby and incredible China pictures!

2 comments:

Einstein's Brain said...

My old stomping grounds! I miss Korea so much. I am glad you got to spend some time in Seoul. It's lovely this time of year, isn't it?

I remember all the crazy stuff I saw in the street markets all too well. Chicken feet, dog meat (a few times), tiny dried fish, etc.

The "strangest" things I bought in the street market in my old town were two live kittens. Yes, a man had one in a cage by herself and another in a cage with some guinea pigs. I bought both of them. He thought I was buying one at first and tried to put the kitten in my shopping bag. I told him "two" in Korean. His friend got him a tiny box and both kitties were crammed inside. They then poked holes in it with a key.
Well, 2 1/2 years later, Jasmine and Suzy (my babies) are now citizens of the USA!

Hunan Mommy said...

I know I say this every time I post in your comments, but your blog fascinates me! And even more the post on kimchi. Reminds me of sauerkraut.